SQLTXPLAIN (SQLT) 126.96.36.199 is now available
So what is new in SQLT 188.8.131.52? Honestly, not much: one fix and 6 enhancements:
- BUG: SQLT TC “restore” was allowing a column to be renamed from “a” to “b” then from “b” to “c”, so it was ending up with duplicate rows in histogram among other issues.
- ENH: New tool parameter to control the automatic generation of a script with a Custom SQL Profile for best performing plan. Custom SQL Profiles based on DBMS_SQLTUNE.IMPORT_SQL_PROFILE are now inactive by default.
- ENH: New HC detecting corrupt histograms as per bugs 8543770, 10267075, 12819221 and 12876988.
- ENH: New HC reporting Tables where there are columns referenced in predicates and for which the number of distinct values has changed more than 10% from one statistics version to the next. These abrupt changes can cause an execution plan to also change.
- ENH: New HC about CBO not using partition level histograms if stats were gathered with “INCREMENTAL” and fix for bug 13583722 has been applied.
- ENH: Scripts roxtract.sql and roxecute.sql include now System Parameters with non-default or with modified values. They also report on all initialization paramaters for the connecting instance.
- ENH: All SQLT main methods ask now for the SQLTXPLAIN password in-line instead of using an ACCEPT command.
What is new, is that 3 satellite tools got also a new version. They can be downloaded from their own MOS note. They are also packaged within SQLT under directory sqlt/utl:
- Script: sqlhc.sql – SQL Health-Chech (1366133.1).
- Script: pxhcdr.sql – Parallel Execution Health-Check and Diagnostics Reports (1460440.1). NEW!
- Script: profiler.sql – HTML report out of PL/SQL Profiler DBMS_PROFILER data (243755.1).