What is new with EDB360?
Many things, but most important is that it got bigger and better. This EDB360 free tool provided by Enkitec is maturing over time. Its core function has not changed although, which is to present a 360-degree view of a database (10g or higher).
EDB360 is a nice complement to other tools like Exacheck, Raccheck or Oracheck. It has some additional benefits, like taking a snapshot of a system to then be analyzed offline or simply to preserve this snapshot as a baseline.
Keep in mind that EDB360 does not install anything on the database, nor it changes any data on it. In some cases, where direct access to the database server is not an option, having the capability of executing EDB360 through a SQL*Plus client connection is a big plus.
I use EDB360 as a starting place to perform a whole database health-check.
Since pictures tell more than words, please find below 4. The first two are about the new entries on EDB360 main menu (menu is a tad bigger than what you see in these two pictures, and its content is dynamic). The last two pictures are just a sample of the charts that are now part of EDB360.
EDB360 execution parameters changed from 4 to 6:
- Oracle Pack License: If your site has the Tuning Pack, then enter ‘T’, else if your site has the Diagnostics Pack enter ‘D’, else enter ‘N’.
- Days of History to consider. If you entered ‘T’ or ‘D’ on first parameter, then specify on 2nd parameter up to how many days of history you want EDB360 to use. By default it uses 31, assuming your AWR history is at least that big.
- Do you want HTML Reports? By default it is ‘Y’.
- Do you want Text Reports? Defaults to ‘Y’.
- Do you want CSV Files? Defaults to ‘Y’.
- Do you want Charts? Defaults to ‘Y’.
Once you login into SQL*Plus while on top of the edb360 directory, simply execute script edb360.sql and pass all 6 parameters one by one or all of them inline. For example: @edb360 T 31 Y Y Y Y
If you have downloaded EDB360 before, then I encourage you to download and test the new version. If you have never used it, I hope you find this tool useful.