2-days open SQL Tuning Class in Pleasanton, CA this month!
I will be delivering a two-days SQL Tuning class on February 19-20 in Pleasanton, CA. It is available to registered Oracle Users thanks to the help from NoCOUG. Space is limited, so if you want to attend you need to hurry up.
This class covers:
- CBO statistics (fundamentals and good practices);
- Tracing with Events 10046 and 10053;
- Plan Stability with Adaptive Cursor Sharing (ACS) and SQL Plan Management (SPM);
- SQL Tuning tools: Trace Analyzer TRCANLZR (TRCA), SQLTXPLAIN (SQLT) and SQL Health-Check (SQLHC); and
- SQL Tuning Test Cases (creation and implementation).
This is the first time this 2-days class is offered outside Oracle. Its content is an extract of the internal SQL Tuning Workshops I have developed and delivered to over 700 Oracle Engineers around the globe.
This is not an Oracle University (OU) class, which means the scope is more into the actual trades of the day-to-day life of SQL Tuning and less into product features. So if you have taken a SQL Tuning OU class, then this 2-days session would be a nice addition.
Another thing that you should expect from this class is lots of participation. In my sessions I always encourage participants to bring to the table their current SQL Tuning issues or concerns, so we can openly analyze and discuss them during class. The environment is friendly, welcoming and open.
I hope you can join us on February 19-20.